Saturday 20 August 2011

Mistakes


Mistakes. We all make them. I would say how we learn from our mistakes, can, in part, help define us.
A common mistake I make is to not center after craft working, spell crafting, whatever you and yours might choose to call it. I have been taught that, before doing work, to make sure that you are centered, and prepared. That all of your tool are cleaned, and readied. That your materials are meditated over, and the thought of what you wish to achieve is a firm thought, and your intent clear.
All of these things I am prepared for. What I seem to forget is to nourish myself, and center AFTER my work! I have read many an account in which it is described that after a coven has done spell crafting together, the have "wine and cakes" A ritual on may levels. It help to bind together a group of people, it helped top talk over things, and help to renergize.
This is especially important, I find, when you are solitary practitioner. You are not relying upon others to keep you strong, only your own singular willpower. It makes sense, looking back upon it, that, energy out, should equal energy in. It's like putting fuel in a car. After a long drive, it makes sense to refill the tank. I mean, knowing that you must go to work the next day, its good to have a topped off tank, is it not?

1 comment:

  1. It is all about balance. Something the universe insists upon, or it will remind you of it in whatever way it deems necessary. Sometimes it is a gentle nudge, other times its a safe dropped upon your head from orbit.

    As living beings, we are constantly using up our energy reserves to do everything we do: walking, talking, thinking and breathing. Crafting, I am assuming, can sometimes be just as strenuous as manual labour or a good physical workout. You expend more of your energy performing any of these tasks and will need to replenish yourself more than usual, or you will be reminded that you are now out of balance.

    ReplyDelete