Monday 18 July 2011

First Post

Lets start us all off by sharing where I am starting from.
I am new to the whole blogging thing, but I feel that there is a place for my point of view. I started my religious views as a child asking what I was told are awkward Questions of people I was told "Knew More" and "Had More Experience" In the religious world. Questions like "No Graven Images? What are Saints?"
For a long time, I accepted that there was a God, and he was all knowing, but I never asked why again, cause I was not getting any answers that made sense. Then, for 12 years I was involved with a woman whos religious views seemed concrete, Her past was in organized religion. "Great!" I thought" Here are the answers I seek! And, I asked them, but, to no avail. Asking her my questions just sent her into a panic, and I got angry answers of "Its just that way" and "Accept it, or do you not BELIEVE?"
Believe? In what? I had not wanted to disrespect anyone's belief, but no one seemed to want to let me ask questions. So, after parting ways with her, My common-in-law-wife, I fell back on what I felt were child like, simple beliefs. The grass was green, wind blew, and the sun was yellow. As well, gravity seemed to work. THESE were concepts that worked in my world. But, where were my answers?
Why did I find it necessary to "invite " people into my home?
Why did I Hold door frames and Imagine them glowing and protecting me?
Why cook food, and try to fill it with the Joy and warmth that was in my heart?
Why? Why? So many "why's!!!
I have many friends from many walks of life, and they all have their on views, But I was shocked to discover that this "pagan" path was just as full of pompous people as Judaism, and Christianity!
Then, honestly, by chance, which I will expand upon in later posts, I had the book, "The Way of the Hedge Witch: Rituals and Spells for Hearth and Home by Anne Murphy-Hiscock", Fall into my hands, and I cried reading it.
THAT explained so much about me, what I was feeling, and seeing! And still raised many more questions. I will say now, that they are questions that I am happy to ask, and happy to learn
So, tell me, share, what has started you on your path?

2 comments:

  1. Agreed! You are off to an excellent start my Brother! I expect to read some very interesting conversations here :)

    ReplyDelete