Monday 3 June 2013

Whats magic?



Yes, I know it’s been a long time, over a year in fact, but I am in school, and understandably, that takes one’s mind away from musings of the esoteric and spiritual kind.
So, without further ado, here is the musing that’s been in my head recently.
Magic is hard.
Not the emotion driven knee jerk magic. I have heard some try to say that, for example, when someone hurts you, let’s say, steals your hard work. You were working on a project for work. It would get you promoted, more pay, you put passion into it. Imagine your anger when you find that a co-worker has just put forth YOUR idea and smiles at you in a cocky way. You just know they were eavesdropping, and they stole your Idea. In your rage you wish that they’re car would break down. Or, perhaps, something equally silly. Or, even something more mean spirited and dangerous. (I won’t give you any more ideas, as I am sure you are creative enough yourself!)
That seems to be a knee jerk type of magic.
Looking further at a commercially available Tome of spells (Illes, March 25, 2004), I have found an awesome list of what some might term “black magic”  and a comprehensive list of “Love” spells.
Rest assured that the rest of the tome is filled with a wealth of other, massively constructive spells, potions oils, and chants and prayers.
But looking at love spells, I realize that most of them are forced. Not all mind you, but a great many. They involve making the target think they you and you only are good enough. Or, making the target’s partner less desirable. In essence, making the target, and the targets current mate, break apart.
Even going as far as to sneak your own essence, be it blood, spit or sexual fluids into a dish you make for your target, forcing them to accept you.
To me, that’s almost a form of rape.
So, rather, I would say that Constructive, loving magic is hard. It’s almost better to do things the, non-magical  normal way.
For example: I make dinner for a target. Rather than kitchen witch and make that dinner full of lust and desire, and be disappointed when the target doesn’t immediately throw themselves at my feet. Instead, I would make a meal, one that I know my target likes. I will make it simply, and as cleanly as I can, imbuing it with my caring , and my skill, and yes, my love. The best I could expect is that my target leaves me with a good feeling that someone cared enough to make a meal for them. A side effect, such as is it, would be that the target feel more affection towards me, but I’d not expect it.
That way the s[ell isn’t meant to force, its meant to sooth, and lift and strengthen. YES, it’s slow. I get that, but it at least then is respectful, and kind of both my target AND myself!
Perhaps slow magic is deeper, and stronger. It may very well honor yourself and your target.
But that leaves hex’s and curses. Goofer dust, bad luck wishes and the like. I wonder how angry you’d need to be to cast one? To risk a backlash. The “3 fold rule”  Do some truly believe that a curse follows the maxim “and it harm none”?
May questions, please respond if you’d like. Id love to hear your thoughts!
Merry meet
Merry Part
Merry meet again!

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully written! Honest and true. I believe slow honest magic does provide deeper results. Magic is not immediate and ones who believe it is are often disappointed and grow to believe being a witch is a bunch of Harry potter nonsense. So thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry potter nonsense? That phrase tickles me! thank you for YOUR honest words!

      Delete
  2. If you truly love someone, you let nature take its course. If you do not, and do something to make them love you or to change circumstances so that they may be more open to your advances, then you do not truly love them: you are acting out of lust and desire, not love.

    Matters of the heart are probably the most painful things we can experience in our lives. How we deal with them reflects on the person we truly are.

    ReplyDelete