Saturday 5 November 2011

Healing

November 5 20011

Hey Hey everybody. I wanted to thank you all for your patients. I spent a week in September in the hospital, on my back for a nasty infection that, if it had not been fought with meds and wonderful Nurses and Doctors, I might have had body parts amputated.
But, after a Month of October convalescence, I am back, and on the mend. And here to discuss Healing.

How does healing work in your world? I have found that some don't think about it. It "just is" Others thinking greatly about it! I once had a classmate who was going through Chemotherapy, and she said that she had a visualization that the Chemo Drug entering her body were "White Knights" and that the Cancer was a "Ravening Horde"
She would focus upon that, and imagine a great war, and that the knights were winning.
Some use mediation, opening up Chi, and blood flow to aid in healing. Others use Yoga, clearing the Charka's even the use of Acupuncture. From a Wiccan perspective, would healing be a Coven thing? A Closed Rite where you use shared energy to encourage healing, using the earth and Goddess's help? If you a Solitary practitioner, then your own healing might be to balance whats in you so its better focused to healing , and asking for help from the Goddess/God you follow.
From my view as a someone who kitchen Witches, then good food, well cooked, and prepared with the intention of healing, with a cup of restorative herbal infusions would aid in Regaining Health.
As well, my own personal Meditation involves the visualization of rebuilding a broken protective wall. Seeing a pile of broken bricks and crumbled mortar. Picking up each brick, and dusting it off, and cleaning it of broken mortar. Making sure the base of the wall is prepared, and supported before butter each brick with new, well mixed mortar, before seating each course of bricks with solid protective intention. I was not attacked per say, but something was broken, and needs to be repaired.
What do you do to heal? Could you share it, that we might learn?

Next up, My Vision quest report!

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit that knowing things had progressed to the point of you needing to be hospitalized had me quite worried. I had to pick my jaw up off the floor after you had told me what was what, as that was some rather frightening information. I am more than happy to know that things went well for you in there, and that you continue to mend quickly.

    I still feel bad for not being able to visit you during your stay, but life sort of prevented that.

    Hmm, I wonder if your meditation/visualization technique would work for me in trying to fix some of where I am broken?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I very much enjoyed reading your post and am glad you are feeling better. Your views on healing are definitely interesting and insightful! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete