Tuesday 19 July 2011

path

Path, Journey, Travels, Call it what you will, but they all mean that we move. Movement hopefully means we go forward. I have always thought to NOT move is stagnation, and to me stagnation is bad.
How do we move forward? How do we not stagnate? We learn, we explore, we try, and yes, it might very well hurt. We could say that "Pain makes me not want to try" But, how will you learn, if mistakes are not made? I would say "what pain did I get from that Mistake, a pain I can learn from, and not do it again?"
As it is said in a Children's TV show , "The Magic School Bus" , Get Messy, make mistakes! I mean, we tell our children this, yet set the bar for ourselves way to high, and when we fail, we blame ourselves for failing. We never take into consideration that we set our selves up for fail.
From a Pagan, alternate religion point of view, were do we set that Bar to high? Do you ever say that "I will never miss a Sabbat" and then when life intrudes, making you sick, or busy, you get angry that you failed, or hurt, perhaps dissapointed?
Rather it should be "The Sabbats I CAN observe should be special, and I should be happy when I can get a chance to celebrate them!" That way, you have set an achievable goal, and one that make you feel good as well!

So, Go on! Make your mistakes! Learn, grow, and most of all, do not stagnate!

1 comment:

  1. Wisdom that can be used by all people, everywhere, no matter what paths they have chosen in life.

    Speaking of paths, I am most greatful that mine has crossed your's. Six or seven years now, and I hope for many, many more :)

    ReplyDelete